Tuesday, May 16, 2006

WHY ISRAEL? By Dr. David Hocking


Many of our listeners and web site “lookers” have asked about our interest and commitment to the Nation of Israel. We, of course, are interested and committed to the Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible. There are other subjects that you will find messages about in our catalog and web store. However, because of the size of the subject (biggest in the Bible next to the Lord Himself!) and its relationship to end-time events, we feel an imperative to focus on what God has said about this Nation that He promised to Abraham in His covenant (Genesis 12:1-3). In order to help our readers understand, we give you this little outline to answer the question we are asked all the time - “WHY ISRAEL?”

Subject: “WHY ISRAEL?”
Scripture: Isaiah 43:1-21

Isaiah 51:16 – “Thou art My people”

1A. IT WAS GOD’S CREATION!
Isaiah 43:1 – “the LORD that created thee, O Jacob,
and He that formed thee, O Israel”
Isaiah 43:7 – “for I have created him for My glory”
Isaiah 43:15 – “I am the LORD, your Holy One, the
Creator of Israel, your King”
2A. IT WAS GOD’S CHOICE!
Deuteronomy 7:6-9 – “the LORD thy God hath
chosen thee to be a special people unto Himself,
above all people that are upon the face of the earth”
Isaiah 41:8 – “But thou, Israel, art My servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen”
Isaiah 43:10 – “My servant whom I have chosen”
Isaiah 44:1 – “Israel, whom I have chosen”
Isaiah 44:2 – “O Jacob, My servant; and thou,
Jerusalem, whom I have chosen”

3A. IT WAS GOD’S CALLING!
Isaiah 43:1 – “I have called thee by thy name; thou
art Mine”
Isaiah 43:7 – “called by My name”
Isaiah 45:3 – “I, the LORD, which call thee by thy
name, am the God of Israel”
Isaiah 45:4 – “I have even called thee by thy name”
Isaiah 48:1 – “called by the name of Israel”
Isaiah 48:12 – “Israel, my called”
Isaiah 48:15 – “I have called him”
Isaiah 49:1 – “The LORD hath called me”

4A. IT WAS GOD’S CONFIRMATION!
Isaiah 44:26 – “That confirmeth the word of His
servant, and performeth the counsel of His
messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be
inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be
built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof.”
Isaiah 46:3 – “Hearken unto Me, O house of Jacob,
and all the remnant of the house of Israel….46:10 –
My counsel shall stand and I will do all My pleasure
…46:11 – “I have spoken it, I will also bring it to
pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.”
Psalm 105:10 – “and confirmed the same unto Jacob
for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant”

5A. IT WAS GOD’S COVENANT!
Genesis 15:18 – “In the same day the LORD made a
covenant with Abram”
Genesis 17:7-8 – “And I will establish My covenant
between Me and thee and thy seed after thee in their
generations for an everlasting covenant…and I will
give thee…all the land of Canaan for an everlasting
possession; and I will be their God.”
Psalm 89:34 – “My covenant will I not break, nor
alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.”
Psalm 105:8 – “He hath remembered His covenant
for ever…105:10 – “to Israel for an everlasting
covenant”

6A. IT WAS GOD’S COMFORT!
Isaiah 40:1 – “Comfort ye, comfort ye My people,
saith your God”
Isaiah 44:21 – “O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten
of Me”
Isaiah 49:13 – “for the LORD hath comforted His
people”
Isaiah 51:3 – “For the LORD shall comfort Zion: He
will comfort all her waste places; and He will make
her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the
garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be
found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody”
Isaiah 51:12 – “I, even I, am He that comforteth you”
Isaiah 52:9 – “for the LORD hath comforted His people”
Isaiah 66:13 – “As one whom his mother comforteth
so will I comfort you”

7A. IT WAS GOD’S COMMITMENT!

1B. A commitment based on the PLAN He had to
save them! cf. Romans 11:25-36
Isaiah 43:25 – “I, even I, am He that blotteth
out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and
will not remember thy sins”
Isaiah 44:22 – “I have blotted out, as a thick
cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have
redeemed thee”
Isaiah 45:17 – “But Israel shall be saved in the
LORD with an everlasting salvation”
Isaiah 45:25 – “In the LORD shall all the seed
of Israel be justified”
Isaiah 46:13 – “I will place salvation in Zion
for Israel my glory”
Isaiah 53:5-6 – “But He was wounded for our
transgression, He was bruised for our iniquities
the chastisement of our peace was upon Him;
and with His stripes we are healed. All we like
sheep have gone astray; we have turned every
one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on
him the iniquity of us all.”
Isaiah 62:11 – “Behold, the LORD hath
proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to
the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation
cometh; behold, His reward is with Him, and
His work before Him”

2B. A commitment based on the PROTECTION
He would give them!
Isaiah 41:13-14 – “For I the LORD thy God
will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear
not, I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob
and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the
LORD, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of
Israel”
Isaiah 43:2 – “When thou passest through the
waters, I will be with thee; and through the
rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou
walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be
burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon
thee”

Isaiah 49:16 – “Behold, I have grave thee upon
the palms of My hands”

3B. A commitment based on the PURPOSE He had
to be glorified!
Isaiah 40:5 – “and the glory of the LORD shall
be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together;
for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.”
Isaiah 43:7 – “for I have created him for My
glory”
Isaiah 43:21 – “This people have I formed for
Myself; they shall shew forth My praise”
Isaiah 44:23 – “the LORD hath redeemed
Jacob, and glorified Himself in Israel”
Isaiah 49:3 – “Thou art My servant, O Israel,
in whom I will be glorified”
Isaiah 60:21 – “Thy people also shall be all
righteous; they shall inherit the land for ever,
the branch of My planting, the work of My
hands, that I may be glorified”
Isaiah 61:3 – “that they might be called trees
of righteousness, the planting of the LORD,
that He might be glorified”

4B. A commitment based on the PROMISES of His
Word!
Isaiah 40:5 – “for the mouth of the LORD hath
spoken it”
Isaiah 46:10 – “My counsel shall stand, and I
will do all My pleasure”
Isaiah 46:11 – “I have spoken it, I will also
bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also
do it”
Isaiah 55:11 – “So shall My word be that goeth
forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto
Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I
please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto
I sent it”

And the above is just a start in understanding the Biblical reasons for the Nation of Israel - God has revealed through His dealings with them that He is a God of love and a God of faithfulness - He will NEVER forsake Israel!

Hope for Today
P. O. Box 3927
Tustin, CA 92781-3927

No comments: